Determining the concentration of alkaline and earth alkaline elements in the laboratory and process analysis
The A.KRÜSS flame photometers allow simple and cost-effective determination of alkali and alkaline earth element concentrations in aqueous solutions. They are mainly used in laboratory and process operations.
With the FP8000 series A.KRÜSS Optronic presents worldwide unique measuring devices for simultaneous measurement of the elements Na, K, Ca and Li. Five measurement channels are available to be individually configured. Thanks to the proven measurement procedure as well as to modern device electronics and innovative process control, our flame photometers achieve highly accurate and reproducible results. The devices can cope with about 300 measurements per hour and thus clearly demonstrate the international top position!
Solutions for various needs
|APPLICATIONS||Standard version for|
Economic entry solution
|Version for Process|
Remote control of
multiple devices via
centre process computer
|Version with automated|
Economic solution to
|Version with automated
sample feed and dilution
Equipment and Fields of Application
|Determining the concentrations of alkaline and alkaline earth elements in aqueous solutions for laboratory and process operations
Na, K, Ca, Li - Propane or acetylene
|EQUIPMENT||Basic device||Basic device +|
External valve box with control unit
|Basic device +|
Sampler and external sample table and control unit
|Basic device +
External automation system consisting of:
sampler, diluter and mixer
Quality control and evidence
|Quality control and evidence|
|Quality control and evidence
|For operation with low sample throughput|
Very high precision
|Recommended for online measurements|
Designed for automated continuous measurements
|Automated procedures for operation with high sample throughput|
Little support from users
|Automated procedures for operation with high sample throughput
Little support from users needed
Small amount of sample
Easy handling and operating comfort
Our flame photometers are easy and intuitive to use on a large touchscreen display and with USB mouse.
The FP8000 series is designed for using propane or acetylene as fuel gas. Purified and dried compressed air is required for operation.
Aqueous samples, controls and standards can be measured manually or automatically. Calibration is carried out via the standards. Measurement results can be checked with the controls.
For reviewing, emission and concentration values of calibration are presented in graphed and tabulated order.
All devices feature a user administration with two authorisation levels, which can selectively be activated or deactivated.
Measurement principle of FP8000 Flame Photometers
The flame photometers of the FP8000 series apply a relative measurement method according to the principle of F-AES flame atomic emission spectroscopy.
Functionality of the FP8000 series
The FP-8000 devices come with five independent measurement channels and another, separate channel for monitoring the flame. The five measurement channels can be fitted with appropriate filters. The devices do not necessarily need a guideline, measurement can be done both with and without reference element.
Innovative Process Control
The flame photometers can be used as table top device or be integrated into a process environment via analogue current interface.
Several locally separated units can be controlled via one centre process computer. The units are designed for 24-hour operation.
High safety standard for maximum operational safety
Various safety mechanisms ensure particularly high operational safety. Such as a safety circuit for interrupting the supply of gas preventing leakage of unburned gases, or as a flame recoil blocker preventing the backward burning of an extinguished flame.
Documentation and compliance with global standards
The integrated data memory offers space for an unlimited number methods and up to 999 readings in a circular buffer. All measured values, system and method settings are recorded completely and without gaps. The documentation of the results is GMP/GLP-compliant and meets international norms and standards such as 21 CFR Part 11.
Interfaces and data export
Extensive interfaces offer a comfortable measuring value output. Firmware updates can easily be done via USB flash drive.
|Serial ASCII printer||USB flash drive|
Service and maintenance – Your benefits as an A.KRÜSS customer
- On site services by A.KRÜSS Optronic or certified service partner:
- Initial installation and commissioning
- Calibration and adjustment
- Calibration and adjustment with defined standard solutions
- Maintenance contracts, calibration certificates
- Individual training and application consulting on site
- Customer-specific customisation of devices (e. g. optimisation of measuring range)
- Spare parts and accessories directly from the manufacturer
Features and specifications
- High-precision measurement of the concentration of Na, K, Li and Ca in aqueous solutions
- Flame photometry simultaneous measurement of up to five alkaline and alkaline earth elements
- Fast measurement: up to 300 measurements per hour
- User administration: optional setup, two authorisation levels can be activated or deactivated
- Traceability of all measured data and device-specific data
- Complete traceability of measurement results
- Extensive interfacing options and comfortable handover of measurement results
- Compliance with international norms and standards such as GMP / GLP and 21 CFR Part 11
- TFT-Display with integrated touchscreen, 8,4″ (21 cm), 800×600 Pixel
- Measurement principle: F-AES flame atomic emission spectroscopy
For prices and availability information on A.KRÜSS Flame Photometer, please contact your nearest Krüss distributor, who will be delighted to help.
For full technical specifications, please download the brochure here.