Digital refractometers with automation
Refractometer DR6300-TF for fully automatic sample feeding
Refractometer DR6200-TF for semi-automatic sample feeding
Maximum efficiency with automation
The DR6000-TF models with flow-through measuring cell enable fully automatic operation in combination with drying unit, peristaltic pump and autosampler. There are four model variants available for the different requirements for accuracy, resolution and measuring range, whereby the same operation and functionality can be accessed.
- For continuous measurements or series of measurements with high sample volumes
- For low-viscous to slightly viscous samples
- With highly accurate internal Peltier temperature control
- Preinstalled and freely definable scales with conversions based on tables or formulas
- Chemical-resistant materials such as measurement prism made of sapphire, measuring tray made of stainless steel
- Intuitive operation via state-of-the-art touchscreen display
- Complete data recording and backup including audit trail
- Flexible data export
- Compliance with global standards and norms
The DR6000-TF models are the ideal solution for manufacturers of flavors, fragrances and essential oils, as well as for the pharmaceutical and beverage industries.
- Routine analysis with high sample throughput
- Quality control of raw materials and auxiliary materials
- Monitoring of the production of semi-finished products and end products
- Quality and purity control of raw materials and end products
- Determination of the sugar concentration in juices and alcohol-free beverages
- Determination of the alcohol or extract content in beer, spices, wine or spirits
For a comprehensive overview of typical applications using the DR6000 Series of Digital Refractometers, visit our campus review Refractometer applications.
Conformity with national and international standards
A big advantage of normalized measurements is the comparability of the measurement results. Refractometers for specific measuring tasks are recommended as suitable measuring instruments in many international standards and guidelines. The requirements for the measuring devices, such as measuring accuracy and measuring temperature, are dependent on the respective measuring task and defined in each standard. We have compiled for you an overview of all known standards and guidelines, which refer to the refractometry.
- Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC)
- American Oil Chemists’ Society (AOCS)
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- German Institute for Standardization (DIN)
- International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML)
- International Organization of Vine and Wine (OIV)
- International Commission for Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA)
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
- European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.)
- European Honey Commission (EHC)
Get in contact with us, we will assist you in choosing the right refractometer for you.
All samples are measurable
The DR6000-TF models are used for low-viscous to slightly viscous and valuable samples such as essential oils, cosmetics and sugar concentrates. Semi or fully automatic sample supply is the ideal solution for high sample volumes or harmful samples. It improves the reproducibility of the measurement results and saves costs since the peristaltic pump only draws the required sample volume into the measuring cell.
In order to serve the existing variety of samples and the wide range of applications, we offer a wide range of different refractometers. For the selection of the suitable refractometer, it is helpful to define the required measuring range.
In the following table we have compiled an overview of typical samples from our customers and sorted them by refractive index. Most samples were measured at standard measurement conditions (20 ° C, λ = 589 nm), deviations are indicated. The measurements given are not specifications.
Get in contact with us, we will assist you in choosing a suitable refractometer.
|SCALES||Refractive index (nD)
Concentration of sucrose, glucose, fructose and invert sugar [%Brix],
|MEASUREMENT RANGE||nD 1.3200–1.5800
|MEASUREMENT ACCURACY||nD ±0.0001
|MEASUREMENT PERIOD||approx. 4 s|
|TEMPERATURE CONTROL||With integrated Peltier temperature control|
|TEMP. CONTROL RANGE||10–80 °C|
|ACCURACY OF TEMP. CONTROL||±0.1 °C|
|TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION||Can be activated
(ICUMSA or freely definable)
|TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT||With integrated temperature sensor Pt100|
|TEMPERATURE MEASUREMENT RANGE||10–80 °C|
|TEMP. MEASUREMENT ACCURACY||±0.1 °C|
|TEMP. MEASUREMENT RESOLUTION||0.1 °C|